Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulled out a Rubicon Last Night

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I got a call last night to help go pull out a stock JeeP Rubicon. He was stuck down to the gas tank in mud out by Lake Pleasant, AZ. My K5 was in the tranny shop otherwise it would have been easy with my 12K Warn.

Didn't have the K5 so I had my buddy Potato76 tow my Jeep out there. His 4wd wasn't working in the K5 so it was up to me in the Jeep to get out a Jeep. With a little shovel work and some hard tugs from my CJ5 it came out after some effort. Thanks to Matt (az-k5) for the use of your recovery stuff. Most of my stuff was in my K5.

It was cool once I got the Ruby unstuck. I gave a hard tug and it broke free of the mud and I gave the V8 in my CJ5 some skinny pedal and dragged that damn Ruby for like 100 ft. just to do it. Jeep should have never stopped putting V8's in Jeeps. They are so fun. V8 power in a 3000lb vehicle is fun. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

So the "most capable Jeep ever" was pulled out by a pretty stock 1973 CJ5 with open differentials. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Harley

2. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Three weeks ago I got to pull out the same Ruby twice in one day. It was my buddy's friends jeep, with a 4 inch lift and all kinds of goodies. I had to give him credit for following me into the deep mud. He knew he couldnt make it but tried anyhow. Water through the floorboards, it was great...He now has new respect for Big Old K5s.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So the "most capable Jeep ever" was pulled out by a pretty stock 1973 CJ5 with open differentials./forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ya, but was it trail rated? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Must have had ground hawgs on that CJ5.

5. Hossbaby50

Definitly. 25% tread BFG's AT's on the little red machine.

Harley

6. Hossbaby50

His jeep is "trail rated" but is anything but proven. You know mine. It was probably seeing trails before the guy who thought up "trail rated" was born.

Until recently (last year or so) my Jeep was nothing but a trail Jeep. You've seen the patchwork on the frame to prove it and you've added to the patchwork to hold that little beast together.

I'll take mine over a Ruby any day of the week. It may not be pretty but it gets the job done. It is one of the only Jeeps I would actually admit to driving.

Harley

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I just got done reading that thread... funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I just got done reading that thread... funny /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so myself. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif