Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pulled out oil pump driveshaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jishory, May 15, 2005.

1. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i was priming my oil pump with the special bit and the bit pulled out the oil pump driveshaft. Does the sleeve typicly cling to the oil pump? i cant see down there very well and dont feel like pulling off my oil pan. Is there a technique to getting the driveshaft down there when the distibutor wont hold the weight of the driveshaft? Also there was white foam all over the place after turning over the pump where i could see through the distributor hole, is that normal?

thanks!

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No easy solution for you. You must drop the pan to make sure that the shaft gets reconnected to the oil pump properly. I would recommend that you buy a new shaft of the HP variety and use it. They have a steel sleeve instead of the nylon and they cannot come offf the oil pump ever unless you unbolt the pump from the main cap.