Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pulled out some more jeeps last night

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Apr 26, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Last night I get a call around midnight. Some of my friends decided to go muddin in a stock 05 liberty by themselves and got stuck in the first hole. now I will give em a break for gettin stuck because I dont think that my truck would have made it through. but they were in a stock vehicle, alone, with no straps or tow hooks.

I showed up and they were all so greatfull to see me. My strap was pretty short so I had to pull down in the hole with them to hook it up. They had no hooks but the guy driving said it would be ok to hook it to the axle. I tried to warn them against it but they said it would be fine. so we get it all hooked up and I try pulling them. all I did was dig holes for myself. didnt wanna jerk it cause I knew what would happen.

after several tries I decided to unhook and reposition myself out of my ruts. uh-oh, I couldnt move. pulled forward as far as I could and put it in reverse and floored it. Lots of noise and mud slinging action followed. when I was almost out my truck slid off in another rut, I was still moving but headed straight for a tree and couldnt steer. Its an old beater and I wanted out so I kept my foot on the floor. hit the tree so hard with my driverside rear corner that it bounced me out of the ruts and I was free. got a small battle scar and busted tail light but all was good. from there I decided to go to a friends house to pick up a longer strap.

while I was gone and jeep wrangler with 33" mud tires showed up to help. he tried using my strap and ended up burying the jeep up to the frame in my ruts. so upon my return there were now two stuck jeeps.

I laughed and then backed up so we could hook the strap onto the jeep in the middle. I have hooks but they are kinda hidden so nobody knew where they were at. the guy that hooked the strap to the first jeeps axle started to hook it to mine. I said hell no and finished hooking it to my hooks. they started to unhook the two jeeps from each other but I told em just to leave em hooked together and Ill pull em out with one try.

and one try was all it took. put the t-case in low lock and drug both jeeps out of the hole. the whole time I was pulling there was an idiot trying to tell me how stupid I was. said my truck wasnt in four wheel drive cause the front tire wasnt spinning. (open diffs:D ). so I told him to go around to the other side and watch. Once he got around there I gave him a good mud bath with the tire that was spinning. then gave him an informative lecture on the difference between open diffs and lockers.;)

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Good work! Thats sounds like a fun time.

3. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

You need to start carrying a camera!

Good story

4. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

This is my favorite part :haha:

5. big dan

It was definately a fun experience. and I think that one of the girls got some pics. Ill see if I can get them from her and post them.

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I hate having to do that. Its so hard to explain the open vs. locked differential to people. I have a friend here with a dually powersmoke....I was looking at the road in front of his house yesterday and saw some burnout marks. It was clearly just the 2 passenger wheels spinning. About halfway through you could see where the drivers side tried to spin for about 10 feet....then it was all passenger side again. I say "oh the joys of having a limited slip" to him. He says "no, its a positive traction rear." I was like really.....then why is it clearly just one side burning out? He points at the small spot where the drivers side tires tried to spin for aobut 10 feet (these marks were a lot lighter than the passenger side) and says see. I was like....if its a positive traction rear end then there would be 4 marks (dually rear) all the way up the road instead of two. He says no.....the spot where the drivers side tires tried to kick in (about 40 feet into the burnout) was where the turbo spooled enough to lock the other side in.:haha: :haha: I told him....if it would have tried to lock itself in 40 feet into the burnout with the tires spinning at 70 mph....it would have gone boom. He didnt believe me....he thinks that he has to burnout long enough for the turbo to really spool before the rearend locks. He didnt get the concept of a small difference in wheel speeds causes it to lock.:doah:

OK...Hijack off.

Its always fun pulling out the heeps.:D

-Harrison

7. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

How bout some pics of the girls :deal:

8. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

awesome story. come with the pics.

9. big dan

well they are nice girls and I feel bad saying it but they're really not that much to look at.

still working on getting pics though

10. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

your 3/4 ton or the 1/2 ton?

and post some pics!!!! ;)

11. big dan

that one is my 3/4 ton. still havent got the 1/2 ton up and going yet. got it running darn good, got a good exhaust put on, got the title all lined out and tags and now Im experiencing some starter problems. it runs and drives real good when it will start.

and they didnt get the pics I wanted to see. I got a couple today but they only show me and one of the stuck jeeps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cant really see much but the front end of the jeep in the pic is sitting on the ground and the other one is buried pretty bad. this is right before I pulled them out.

Im the goofy fellow in the second pic with my hand in my back pocket, wearing a planet club shirt from my school that says "we care about the environment":haha: dont get me wrong I do care about it but considering what i drive and what we're doing at the time, its kinda funny.

the guy in the second pic wearing the gray shirt standing next to my truck is about 2 seconds away from tying that rope to my axle. the guy in the orange shirt is the one that learned about lockers. Ill see if I can dig up some more pics.