Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulled over with 10 police cars!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Toad, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

Last night I saw 2 Ford trucks and a Bronco trying to get unstuck behind my house. This morning I woke up, looked out the window and saw what I thought was my friends Bronco. I thought I would drive by the stuck vehicles on my way to work to see if it was his and offer some help after work.

I drove out to the vehicles and I noticed a Subaru station wagon about 100 yds away. Behind some trees was a police officer. I didn't dare go his way because the Bronco was buried past the bottom of the doors on one side. I decided to turn around an exit another way. Upon exiting the field there were officers there in their patrol cars. I new they were there for me so I immediately pulled over.

One officer came to the door and another two stood at the rear of the truck with their hands on their weapons. I didn't want to be a shooting victim so I moved real slow and went through the whole license/registration procedure. The next thing I know is that there are police cars everywhere. 10 total. Holy crap Batman. I thought I was toast.

Luckily the let me go after half an hour of checking my license. I was only two doors from home and explained what I was doing. I guess a bunch of stolen cars have been found lately. I've seen two left in the field in the last two weeks. The suspect vehicle is listed as a grey chevy. Mine is primer grey.

I'm glad the police came and I hope they catch the guys, but 10 patrol cars? Thinking about it I probably look like some big gun toating hick sitting in my beat up primer gray Chevy. Sitting there the thought crossed my mind of how far I could run before they would catch me, just like the stupid idiots on Cops. My answer was about a quartermile. 0-60 in 15 seconds doesn't get you anyware. Kids, don't run from the police.

Just thought I would share and interesting experience. Time to get the truck painted!

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

One night on the scanner, I hear this, "subject pulled a gun at Taco Bell. Vehicle is '87 black Chevy Blazer with Confedarate plate in front." DOH!!! That's my truck. Anyway, two days prior, I had met a kid whose truck also fit the description.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

holy jeez!!! i woulda wet my pants after 3 policeman!!! lol
    that sucks man

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Re: Pulled over with 10 police cars! *DELETED*

Post deleted by CaptCrunch

5. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

I'm sure you wouldn't want to offend another K5er who was a police officer by calling them a "pig." I don't doubt that alot of police in your area give innocent people grief, I just don't want any police K5er to get slack for it...or maybe I misunderstood you.

6. CaptCrunch

I think I kinda stated that 3 times... so I guess if they are affended they are. I have listened to a lot of crap about techs and I know that the bad ones out there give the rest a bad rep. One of my best friends is an officer in another nearby city, and he is a great guy and officer... Plus I think it is kinda lame that we all bash F#4d's and J*@ps w/out regard... I'm sure someone out there is offended,yet if anyone bashes us it is a mortal sin. Personaly I think people are way too serious sometimes... BUT Forget it... deleted it. I appologize if anyone was offended by anything stated. Now let's go back to the same old posts... no fun or humor allowed[​IMG].

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

7. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Semi-Quote:

"this my personal view point, and is completely ment to be in good fun and humor. I appologize if anyone is offended by anything stated."

Maybe this should be everyone's signature line.....Give me a break. People take things too seriously some times.

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

8. CaptCrunch

Haha... yeah... I tried to fit this in the box in my profile, but was too long... so here we go....

(all ideas, comments, and opinions in this post are strickly ment in good fun and are not ment to bash or offend anyone. This post may contain explicit language not approriate for anyone who lives under a rock and hasn't heard all the cuss words on tv these days. Thank you and have a nice day[​IMG].)

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

9. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

lol.. Heck yeah I like that one CaptCrunch

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

10. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

The police are great and I'm glad they are around to protect and serve. Both my neighbors are officers and they were laughing their heads off when I told them what happened. They said that trucks run all of the time and they can't catch them. The Sherriff helicopters are grounded due to budget concerns and the people just drive up into the mountains where the patrol cars can't go. The department has purchased a brand new tahoe to help combat that problem. I guess I matched the description of a guy who has run multiple times.

11. K5blazer

K5blazer Registered Member

I hate F#@King Pigs

12. olbluebeast

olbluebeast Registered Member

not all cops are bad, some of us drive blazers, believe in helping others out of the mud, and always at least listen to the driver's b.s. before poppin' a cap in em'

13. olbluebeast

olbluebeast Registered Member

but you never turn down sheep eh? you left yourself open for that one pal!!!!!!!!!!!

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

ROTFLMAO! [​IMG]

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune time." [​IMG]

15. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was not really paying much attention to this post till I read one comment towards the bottom, if it was ment in jest than no problem, if it was meant as stated then I have this response.

First time you get your ass in hot water or somebody else is making trouble for you, you are the first sone to SQUEAL (yes the pun is intended). On the other hand as soon as you get CAUGHT (note I said caught, because everybody does things they are not caught for) doing something wrong it's "I hate PIGS" Hypocrits are a dime a dozen, I see them everyday. I speed like crazy, but on the other hand I dont write speeding tickets.

I am not taking this too seriously, hell I read and post in the Pirates of the Rubicon forum quite a bit and so do some others here, if you get your feelings hurt easily, DONT go there.

Depdog

<font color=blue>Weenie K5, little mods' Small Tires!</font color=blue>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com>http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com</A>

16. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

Wasn't this post about getting pulled over by multiple cops? I have a story about that. One time a friend and I were driving to pick up another guy. We passed a cop on this 2 lane road and we saw him looking at us funny and he started to turn around. We pulled up onto a different road to evade him and hung out behind this hill for a while. We then started back on the original road. As we got into the town (a small cowboy town in Colorado), a cop was turning onto our road and immediately turned around and got behind us. We knew now that something wasn't right. We continued into town, he turned on his flashers we pulled over in a parking lot. Before we knew it, there were 4 cops surrounding us. Turns out that they were looking for a truck that matched the description of my buddies K5. They were very cool and just asked us what we were doing and then let us go. Scared the hell out of us for a while though.

[​IMG]
    '87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

17. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

The cops around here are pretty leniant, I like them. The other day I was going down the road, there was no traffic, the road was divided by a big hill, speed limit 40, I passed a cop going the other way, I was doing 57, and I know he had to see me, didn't even pull me over. Yesterday I was with a friend and we were going down a pretty big road that the limit should be 35 or 40 on, but its 30, and we were going 50, he passed a cop and he didn't do anything. I know we probably both deserved tickets, and I usually don't go that fast, 5-10 over usually, but I have nothing to compalin about our cops.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey K5blazer, are you talking about the four-legged farm animals during their mating season? Hahaha!

19. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Ok, why not, I'll throw one out.

Many years ago, just after I graduated high school and moved out on my own, I was going back to my apartment at about 2 a.m. in my primer 66 GT0, built 455, glass packs, "big-n-littles w/ street slicks, LS 12 bolt and a "rock crusher". Well, I drove by the little convenience store not far from my apt and noticed a couple of cop (er. patrol that is [​IMG]) cars outside. I turned off at the next intersection (on the way and almost to my apt) and stopped for a minute out of sight (I thought) to see what was happening. Didn't look like anything interesting was going on, just some cops standing around, so I just went on down and parked at my apt. Before I could get my stuff (tools) out of the car and in the apt, 4 cruiser came up like a bat out of hell turned on the lights, jumped out with guns drawn. Told me to put "drop it and get down on the ground!" Well, needless to say, I did as I was told. Turns out the store had been robbed at gun point half an hour before I came through and the vehicle description was "primered hot rod". The cops saw me stop to look, thought I was "checking out my handiwork" and called for backup. By the time it was over, I had spent about 30 minutes in hand cuffs while they searched my car. Dumped everything out on the ground. I have no idea how many cops eventually showed up, 7 maybe? Luckily I had gone straight home from a friends house where we had been working on his firebird (his father owned a junkyard) so I had an alibi. I'm not sure at what point they decided not to take me in but the landlord told me the next day that if they "had any more trouble with me, I would be evicted!" Sheesh...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.