Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulled the top on the K5, 2 questions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ikonosin, Feb 23, 2005.

1. ikonosin

ikonosin Registered Member

1. What have you all done about that annoying ass rattle coming from the nuts in the roof? You know, where you bolt the top to.

2. MY '90 has rear shoulder harnesses, that bolt to the top. I unbolted them before taking the top off, but now have no clue what to do with them (them refers to the seatbelt retractor unit). Should I just let them flop around behind the seat, or is there a real soultion?

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

mine dont rattle, i tigten them down pretty good and use washers

i let my seatbelts flop. lol when i was reaplaceing my floors i actually had a seatbelt fall out and got kinda squashed by my tire.. lol
    :D

3. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just put the bolts back in. This stopped the rattle on mine. As for the seat belts just let 'em flop, or take them out if you don't have anyone riding with you. When you put it back on you can leave out the 2 bolts that go in from underneath the bed rail. Mine didn't leake any worse without them than it did with.:)

4. ikonosin

I can't possibly imagine why this idea didn't already strike me:confused: Guess I'll go try that out! As far as the seatbelt go, I'm thinking about going and pulling a set out of an older Blazer (w/o the shoulder straps) to swap in. My passengers don't need too much safety equipment:D

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

pull the backseat and the belts. In my experience, if you have the seating you will be forced to use it, so make them walk :D

6. ikonosin

I bought the K5 solely for that exact reason:D It's just another toy to play in the sand with. If I don't want to haul people around, I'll hop on the banshee instead. Besides, if one of the bikes breaks or something, it's always useful to have something bigger near by to help.

7. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

Get some big Swampers you wont hear the rattles. :D

8. ikonosin

My K5 is a sand rig, no real need for swampers:D Sand lake won't be any problems at all, and Florence is way out of the question, so I'm buying a banshee:grin: