Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulleys loose

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Oct 30, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I was helping a friend pull some bushes out of a yard (Don't worry they wanted them gone) and I noticed that there was a wied scraping noise coming from the pulleys. I popped the hood and it was coming from a pulley right under the tensioner. Does anyone know what torque I need to tighten it to? Thanks in advance

90K5

2. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Hey 90K,

Sorry I don't have the answer, but I take it you have a serpentine belt on your truck. Any idea of what it would take to switch over to a single belt.

Never looked under the hood of a truck with a serpentine setup. Just thought it would be easier to change if out in the boonies.

3. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Hey 90K,

Sorry I don't have the answer, but I take it you have a serpentine belt on your truck. Any idea of what it would take to switch over to a single belt.

Thanks

Never looked under the hood of a truck with a serpentine setup. Just thought it would be easier to change if out in the boonies.

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

yeah, what would it take to switch over to a single belt....TIA

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

You would probably need to get new pulleys and I don't know if they mount in the same place.

90K5

6. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Isnt that pully your fan pully and if so that means your fan may come flying off and destroy all of your pully's and the hood and the ac condenser trust me thats what happens their are four bolts that hold the clutch onto the water pump tighten them quickly.

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks cooper I'll do it right now.

90K5