Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulling 5th Wheel with Blazer!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Sep 4, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

2. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

SWEET~~!!!

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Kelly, that is a sweet looking Blazer.............LOVE that blue paint! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. NEOMASTINO2U

thanks! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

PLease tell me you guys are just kidding. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

If you're not, let me know if you ever plan on camping in my area so I can stay off the roads.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You apparently have a death wish. At least it's a small 5er.

I personally have a 31' 5er and would never hitch it to anything less than a 1 ton, long wheelbase truck.

9. NEOMASTINO2U

actually it is a 29 ft 5er! and it handles great no problems what so ever and no i don't have a half cab! put the top on when not hooked up to it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    kelly

10. 73 Heavyd

73 Heavyd Registered Member

Good looking truck. Did you just park it there, or have you had this on the road? It would be a shame to mess you or your truck up by putting the cart before the horse. I lost control of a 5000 lbs trailer (not 5th) from a 7000 3/4 ton Surburban, and before the guardrail knocked the trailer off, it had the burb on two wheels three times.

Anyhow, your truck looks great.

11. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

12. Can Can

OK.......time to straighten this out for me.

1. It looks like you have about 2" of clearance between the top of your box and the bottom of the 5er. You can't have towed anywhere yet because the first bump or dip in the road would have caused the trailer to contact your K5.

2. How nicely does the truck sit with the weight of the trailer on the rear axle? I notice in the pic that the trailer is still jacked up. Could you please take a pic for with the jacks retracted and the truck hooked up?

3. What kind of rear spring/shock setup do you have installed? You must have MONSTER springs to be able to support that weight. I guess you were willing to totally forget about rear flex so you could tow, eh?

4. When are you going to admit that you backed your truck up to a parked 5er and snapped a pic?

5. Is your nickname "Buttman"?

IT SMELLS LIKE BULLISHITE IN HERE

13. NEOMASTINO2U

okay for the smart people out there it was a joke! look close at the picture the legs are still down! as for you calling me names thats not nice![​IMG] aaron(reddog64) and i thought it looked funny! and yes i have a 1 ton 4dr. chevy 1999 that tows it just fine and yes i would be completly insane to try and pull it with my k5, i am crazy but not that crazy! i could only imagine the wheely i would do after the whole load went on! so i guess you could say we got you guys!lol! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif it would be pretty impressive if i could tow my fifth wheel but man that would be alot of money on suspension and engine and everything else i would need to do it safely! so again it was a joke and don't call me butthead again sorry if you can't take a joke! but i am sure the rest of the guys thought it was funny!

14. Can Can

So I asked enough questions and pointed enough inconsistencies out so you fess up that it's a sham. Thank you.

As far as the A-Hole banner and the "you can't take a joke" comment, it sounds like you're the one who's a little "upset". It's also obvious you're new around here because you didn't understand my "buttman"(not butthead) comment.

15. NEOMASTINO2U

no i am not new around here! you just came off sounding like one! in my honest opinion! and as for the being found out sorry was posting any way that it was a joke! as for not being able to take one i can and i don't have to be rude about it like you. and again it was just a joke, so laugh it up and enjoy a good picture!LOL!

16. 73 Heavyd

73 Heavyd Registered Member

I stick to my story. Your truck looks great. Didn't catch the jacks down. Good one.

17. Can Can

I came off sounding like an A-Hole because I asked a couple of questions and called BS?

Rude? Who called who an A-Hole?

I still don't think you understand the Buttman thing, but whatever, I'm done with you.

18. NEOMASTINO2U

we didn't think any one would actually fall for it cause you can see the jacks down on the trailer! got to admit looks pretty funny! hope knowone got hurt in your accident, man pulling trailers can be pretty hairy sometimes, but i drive 18 wheelers for a living so it don't scare me just other drivers! glad you like the picture of it!LOL! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. NEOMASTINO2U

it was actually your comments after those questions but that may be just your personality, any way you are probably a nice person and sorry to call you an a-hole but it came off sounding rude, if you didn't mean it to be rude then i am sorry okay! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but ya got to admit its a pretty good picture, wonder if i can get it in a rv magazine on what not to do! again i apologize for thinking you are a rude person if you were not being rude.
    kelly

20. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I'm glad you spilled the beans cause i couldnt t ake it anymore...

LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif