Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulling Brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pr1aw, Aug 18, 2002.

1. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

I replaced the passenger and driverside calipers and brake shoes because my Blazer was pulling to the driver side. I also checked the bearing adjustment on both sides also while I had it in the air. Well its still pulling to the driver side when the brakes are applied. I also bled the brakes with a vaccum pump. Any ideas?

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

If it is turning the wheel its the front, if it feels like the whole truck is pulling or veering then you need to check the back. If one is grabbing better than the other you will get this. Also, maybe try purging all the old fluid out. Could have some cotaminants blocking up the propotioning valve. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

BRAKE LINES ARE WORN OUT! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

Replace the brake hoses. That will solve your problem. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Replaced all mine with the lift kit install and I still have the problem. Somedays it wont pull at all till they get nice and hot, then other days the start pulling bout the same time the computer goes in closed loop. So it has to do with friction/heat at some point in the equation or since its inconsistant it points more towards to the fluid having "particulate contamination". **/forums/images/icons/grin.gif Throw a party <- he said a big word.

6. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Think I solved th problem, I have a bent spring near the rear eye bolt on the passenger side.