Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pulling engine codes 24 and 44

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jishory, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

vss and lean exhaust...

when i did the manual swap on my truck i had to lose the mech speedo because the drivetrain was from an 89 k30 and when i swapped my 305 for a 350 i put in the computer from an 87 suburban in, i went mudding the other day and on the way home my engine was running like crap, felt like it was making no power, when i put my foot in it it revs high then goes back down to idle speed pretty rapidly, with a manual my truck looks like coupe deville in compton hopping around. i never had an issue until recently so i dont understand where the vss could be an issue. vacuum leak? fuel filter?

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

44 is lean exhaust. Prolly having fuel delivery problems Check/change fuel filter first. Maby fuel pump is going out. Maby bad MAF sensor.
    No VSS wont cause a whole lot of problems. just usually a bad idle or stalling

3. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

it was the fuel filter, THANKS! :D

4. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

funny that you have those codes i have he same thing on my 88 1 ton 454 truck. sad thing is it is not the fuel filter.:mad:

5. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

im pretty sure when i had a 44 it was the o2 sensor..but im not positive.