Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulling hard to the left

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redline, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Redline

Redline Registered Member

Went up 2.5" on my 86 Blazer (Rancho). Dropped the transfer case 1" to stop the drivetrain vibration. Truck drives and stops strait with no sway or wander.

Here is the problem...
    In the morning, it starts to pull to the left a little. Sometime after, the truck jerks hard to the left.
    This happens within the first 15min of driving and then goes away entirely. Happened 3 days now.

I have a stock steering stabilizer and it happens on highway roads. Could something be binding?

Appreciate any help

2. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Check out your inner bearings and ball joints. My truck would pull harshly to the right during heavy breaking. It turned out to be that my right inner bearings were totally destroyed.

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Mine pulled hard right and it had a seized caliper and bad ball joints. It would also pull both ways depending on which way I turned last...that turned out to be the steering stabilizer

I'm not late im on Central Standard Time

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I would check the same things above. Calipers, bearing and ball joints can do this.

John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

5. Redline

Redline Registered Member

Will check out this weekend. Thanks for the ideas..