Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pulling left under hard braking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Oct 4, 2001.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Last weekned I replaced the wheel bearings, brake calipers, new pads, and new rotor on drivers side, got the other one resurfaced though. It brakes great, used the brakes real easy for about 200 miles, had to slam on them today, and they pulled hard to the left, but only under really hard braking...any ideas?

90K5

2. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

one of my rear wheel cylinders caused my blazer to do this .

88k5 silverado w4"lift <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.11

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Do you still have the stock, rubber brake hoses on the front? If so and the vehicle pulls to the left, you may need to replace the right front brake hose. Yes, the right side. Sounds strange but I have seen it happen 3 times. The rubber hoses will fatigue and swell under pressure- which lowers the amount of hydraulic pressure going to the caliper. When one caliper gets more pressure than the other, it will cause the vehicle to pull to that direction. So, if the vehicle pulls to the left, check the hose on the right.

thebigdaddyof2

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I just did this on my 65 Impala SS and I replaced everything from lines, hoses, wheel cylinders, shoes and drums and it still pulls hard at times ! I haven't done anything to the rears yet and was wondering if it had something to do with them ? It's a good point that the hoses get old and collapse from the inside so you can't really see anything from the exterior of them ............ they'll pinch off the supply of fluid to that side and pull the other way .................Any ideas as to why mine would still pull after all I've replaced ???????

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Again I agree with BigDaddy, but do you feel the wheel pull too? If not look into the rear axle. You are likely leaking some fluids into your passenger side drum. The fluids cause the brakes to work better, or better than the opposite side. The pass. rear stops harder than the drivers side, causing the rear pass wheel to "track" futher back than the drivers side - This change in suspension geometry then allows the rear axle to steer the vehicle off to the left.

If you aren't feeling the wheel pull too, I would be looking at the rear pass drum for your answer.&lt;img src=&amp;quot;http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/smile.gif&amp;quot;&gt;

<font color=red>Just give me a tank, and point me in the right direction!</font color=red>
    <font color=blue>DONT MESS WITH AMERICA!</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s

6. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

My bet is the passenger side caliper is going bad. I would bleed the front brakes. Check your brake lines. Put a new caliper and shoe in. Then do the rear brakes. Shoot, you'll have all brand new!

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

front brake hoses are new, so are the calipers, shoes, and pads. New pads in the back too. I think its the wheel cylinders in the back. I'll just replace both of them. They are cheap anyway.

90K5

8. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

try swapping your front pad from left to right and right to left and if it starts pull'n the other way bingo you found yer prob. i had the same prob and did this and it turn out to be the POS pads one must have been contaminated or somthing.