Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulling speedometer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Jul 15, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I pulled the dash off today, going to repair faulty fuel gauge, and thought...well now would be a good time to get a set of autometer gauges and do a custom install...I cant get the speedometer out...Chiltons guide was a big help
    "take out screws, remove speedometer" well somthing is holding it in and I cant tell what it is. This is on my 85 blazer..Any help?
    Brent

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Never mind I got it...there is a metal retainer back there I didnt see it...have a nice day though!!!

3. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Does that faulty fuel gauge thing happen alot on these blazers??? Cuz mine doens't work either and I tried putting a different one in and it still didn't work. Whats the deal? Its kind of fun though when one minute you are driving down the road and your gauge shows WAY past full, then you look down again and you seen the gauge just start to drop WAY past empty.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've heard that converting to Auto Meter Gauges is a pain-in-the-a$$.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My fuel gauge works great, except when I do turns (i am with my dad so I am not breaking the law I am 15) it goes from 1/2 tank to full then back down! Weird ain't it?

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Holy shiznit, I bit off more than I can chew here! I didnt know there was a circut board back to the cluster that ran everything!! I'll be giving the people at dakota digital a call!

7. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OH good god, a dakota digital dash is 595$.I can get a set of intellitronix for 295$ but it would all have to be custom...I am going to do a custom job myself...Ill take pics and post them when Im done, 2-3 years from now..
    Brent

8. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

YES!!!! I like this!!! This will help VERY MUCH...thank you! I am printing it out as I am typing this message!

10. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Is there anyway to get better lighting on the interior? i absolutly can't see my speed at night. IS it possible to change to electronic gauges?

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>