Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulling the lower spring in the Tuff Country HD packs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kyle89K5, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I've heard rumors that if I pull that big fat flat bastard out of the bottom of the pack, then I've got a 4" EZ ride spring. Is this true? Anyone done it? I bought the HD with the intent of getting the winch and all at the same time. Still haven't gotten the winch and the truck rides like crap.

Any truth to these rumors?

KP

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Is that the spring that looks like an overload spring? If so, I pulled that off my BDS spring pack and it really improved the ride, but I lost 1.5" of lift... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif So I put it back on...

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is that the spring that looks like an overload spring? If so, I pulled that off my BDS spring pack and it really improved the ride, but I lost 1.5" of lift... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif So I put it back on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. Square cut on the ends and stiff looking. I don't mind loosing the heighth right now, my kidneys can't take much more of the front end pogo-ing down the road. You've ridden in it, I've had smoother rides in a buckboard! Might not be able to corner at 50 mph anymore though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

It will definately soften the ride, but will likely wear out your remaining springs faster. That is an interagal part of the spring pack.

[ QUOTE ]
    Might not be able to corner at 50 mph anymore though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Maybe you ought to keep it in there then. I doubt your driving style will change. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

What can I say, I feel like Rick Mears when I'm driving that thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm thinking about going to the 52's in the front, Maybe this will hold me off till I can get the 57's for the rear and get that squared away. I think I'll yank them on Saturday and see how it feels, may have them back in by sunday though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif