Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulling the motor tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by akbound, Feb 21, 2005.

1. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

Any last minute suggestions?

I have been told to leave the 4 speed in and just pull the motor and bellhousing.

I am taking it to get bored .030 with flat-tops and a mild cam. The heads are getting redone also. It won't rev over 4000 rpms because the valve springs are so tired. It should be around 300 hp when it is done. $1500 was the best price that I could find here in San Antonio and it also came from the place that was most highly recommended.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Mission performance? Best place I know of. That guy Hamilton is the god of engines. Hell, they may have one already built. They had a 383 all forged for $1,100 last I went over.

3. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

Yes, it is Mission. They say it will take a week since they are doing a lot of race motors right now. I am taking the engine with the tin on it. They are doing the rebuild and installing my intake (Performer) and water pump. That way it can all be painted Chevy Orange and I can just install it and go.

4. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

The easy part is over........

The motor is OUT!!:D