Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pulling under heavy brake

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBadCad, Nov 25, 2002.

1. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

My truck is pulling to the right under heavy braking. I recently replaced the calipers, rotors, and pads. Any ideas? I wonder if there's an issue with the prop valve or lines? The pass. side was worn excessivly when I did the initial brake job. It doesnt pull any other time.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well if you replaced the calipers then you might have a clogged brake hose.
    Those sometimes tend to get blocked and that would explain the difference in wear on the pads.
    Since it could be either way, one side wearing more because it's doing the work or the other wearing off faster because it's blocked under pressure, I would check both.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

I assume to check the line for blockage I should disconect the line from the caliper and press the pedal? How do you keep air out of the lines while during the process?

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well what I do is I unbolt it and press my thumb against it, and let someone depress the pedal, the pressure will push you thumb out and let the fluid out, it cannot suck you thumb in so air will not come in.
    Try that on both sides and see if there is a difference in pressure.
    Also you could just unbolt both sides and see if they both dripp the same flow.
    Usually it's the rubber part that cloggs, I don't know why, but I have had enough times to know.