Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulls Left When Braking While Towing...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbluesuburban, Feb 3, 2007.

1. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

My 89 Sub pulls hard to the left when hard braking when I am towing and it does not seem to matter the size or weight of what I am towing. It did it the first time when I was towing 55Willys Jeep back from Mary's peak. The trailer was really heavy and I had a lot of tongue weight. But we both about crapped ourselves when I had to brake hard and we did an automatic lane change in the process.

Then today I am towing a Honda Foreman Quad on my lightweight ATV trailer and out of the mountains it starts pulling hard left everytime I touch the brakes.

WTF is going on?

I have done emergency braking proceedures while not towing to test the brakes and it stops straight as an arrow.

2. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

check to make sure the rear brakes are adjusted properly, and it may have a valve in the rear that attached to the axle that allows more rear line pressure when the rear is sagging, which might be why it only does it when towing.

3. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Proportioning Valve... Hmmm, good idea. I disconnected the one on my Toyota when I first got it cause it was a PIA. THX!!!