Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pully install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear76, Feb 1, 2007.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

My m1009 was missing the PS pump pully when I got it. The only replacement I could find was a chrome one at pepgirls. I also purchased the pully install tool. After days of f'n with it, I need help. Can anyone tell me how to install this thing?

Thank you.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

press on pulley???

If its a press on type pulley,you thread a stud into the pump shaft --there should be a threaded hole in the pump's shaft--(the installation tool should fit the threaded hole in the pump)..then you position the pulley,and line up the keyway if it has one,and use washers and a nut to draw the pulley onto the shaft...an air impact works the best,you can zap the nut tight while holding the pulley still with your other hand--use a rag or glove to protect your fingers and palm though..

It can be done with hand tools too,but is more difficult..dont be tempted to clamp the pulley in a vise--they are pretty fragile and easily damaged..same goes for the pump--attempting to hammer the pulley on will trash the pump!:crazy:

3. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

ok, if you bought a tool, then thread the nut, all the way to the top of the threaded shaft, thread the shaft into the shaft on the ps pump, put a little neversieze on the ps pump shaft and a little on the threaded shaft... then tighten the nut down with a wrench and use a breaker bar and socket to hold the bolt... tighten it down until the edge of the pulley is even with the edge of the shaft.. voila..