Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Punk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I just watched some sort of documentary about the evolution of punk

Just as a preface, Henry Rollins is a bad ass

Anyway

What the ****!? Was not and is not Punk supposed to be anti mass thought? All I see are spoiled and or whiney Democrats with knee jerk anti war thoughts as they smal through a crown and sing songs about violence and death. What happened to original though?

Constant evolution of ideas with time is required for balance, yet all anyone is about is a group and a definition. The closest thing I can come to as defining myself is: Neo Regressive Calm Violent Gun Carrying Liberal Wanker Japan Freak

Wait, I had an idea, but I think it got deconstructed

Anyway, main point - "I don't care what people think" means you do care. Nonstatement is the best statement, provided when you are infringed, you can draw and fight

Hmmmm

What?

Yeah so anyway, I'm picking up a .40 Saturday

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sounds like you now understand the post I made a week or so ago, huh?

The "punks" in my high school, were on a different topic each week. One week it was "No Blood for Oil" next it was some other Liberal argument. They wore the makeup and pink shirts and blah blah blah. It was so annoying. They'd get pretty angry and try to act tough about it all too. I bet if I didn't find it funny at the time I could have gotten them to go violent.

Ever hear of the band "Anti-Flag"? Wtf kind of band name is that?

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

L7 freakin rules.. ;) best chick band ever...

i was never huge into punk.. i was around at the beginning... Never Mind the Bullocks will always be awesome... i dig some of it and even tho as a skater thru the 80's it surrounded me i tend to like more hard rock/heavy metal stuff..

the stereotype punk look, etc thing doesn't phase me.. whatever.. its about music, not fashion... seems like they're trying too hard... happened with skaters too.. all of a sudden Tony's game came out and ya had all kinds of posers imitating... whatever, i take it as a compliment that peeps are digging what your into...

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

L7 been around for over a decade now, they were cool back when, the music still rocks but they've turned alll liberal, and that I just can't stand!

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Duuuuude... Put the radio down and run away from the "punk" they play... Along with 97% of the songs they play on any station...

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I really dont like new punk. It all the same whining about parents,war, enviroment, crap.
    Whatever happeng to real punc roc? Bands like the Ramones, the Germs ect
    I think the Ramones were the greatest punk band ever. They sung about fun stuff. Like beating brats with baseball bats, Rock and roll high school, Rock away beach, The Crusher "King of the Ring"
    Not all that protest/enviroment crap. New punk reminds me of Crosby, Stills, and Nash LOL

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hell yeah he is.
    grant