Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Push Button 4 Wheel Drive

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Blazer, May 15, 2001.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Not a blazer But I have a 95 s10 that has push button 4 wheel drive when driving it, it kicks in and out of 4 wheel drive on its own. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Scott
    78blazer

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

More than likely the vacuum modulator on the front axle that activates the 4WD system. They make a mechinical actuated replacement for this (cable and t-handle).

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I hate that push button crap. I like levers. Pull....there, it's in! Snap! Oh, it's out! LOL!

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Right on muddin! Buttons are for radios and remote controls...NOT transfer cases.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Like wheels said, the frontend is activated by vacuum, check the lines and fittings for leaks and or kinks that would impede the flow. All else fails, pull the unit and have a friend activate it and see if it moves correctly. You may just have a turd blocking the actuator... Good luck.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]