Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Put a 1970 2wd c-10 on 85' 4link k5 frame?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by az88k5, May 13, 2005.

1. az88k5

az88k5 1/2 ton status

How hard would it be to transplant my 1970 longbed body onto my 1985 k5 with 4link suspension and coilovers front and rear?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

very hard, everything is different

totally different trucks, totally different wheelbases

you name it, its different

for real..

i would get a hold of mudder 67 as he has a 67 body on a 78 or so chassis, but both are pickup ones, and even then he had to chop frame and change all body mount frame brackets a list of other things

if you attempt it then i can almost guarantee youll ruin two trucks

good luck

3. padrik5

padrik5 Bike repair man

my buddy put a truck body on his k5 and bobbed the bed a little

it didnt take much :)

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

should be easy enough since your putting a truck cab on a blazer frame, just dont expect to run the bed.

I say easy, assuming you have fab skills and are going to build a flatbed or something similar on the rear

5. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

If you have 15 years of experience building race cars, no problem, if you don't know how to weld, huge problem. Why anyways? Do you have both laying around? I would convert the 70 to 4 link and 4wd. You would have to do all the suspension anyways so why go with a K5 frame? If it's for the wheelbase, you could bob the bed on the 70 and set up your 4-link to match. Lots-a-work though.

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I that it takes alot of time and patience to pull it off and do it the right way,

a cooler way to do it would be to put you time and fab into converting the 70 to a 4wd

wayyyyy cooler and it will look right, places like blue torch and other sell anything you could need to make it easier on your self when it come to leaf springs or 4 linking it, not to mention it would save on fab time,

:D