Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Put a new distributor in- WOW!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by odoa3, Oct 5, 2004.

1. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I rebuilt my 350 and have had a hard time getting it to run as well as I want. So, I finally picked up a Mallory HEI distributor and put it in the weekend. What a difference! I had basically rebuilt my old one and figured it was fine. Don't know what was wrong with it- but I actually have power now. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Having been a Ford guy my whole life, I was starting to think Chevy's really were slugs. LOL Now if I can just figure out how get full throttle I will be styling!

2. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

do what I did... bend your throttle bracket backwards so that it pulls farther /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Or, you could do what I did after that broke, go buy the correct bracket /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hmmmm./forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif chuck up distributor on things to buy for truck!!!

5. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I have the correct bracket now, so I think I am going to be looking for the wrong one to use. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

jekquistk5- I would highly recomend it. I ordered out of Summitt - $150 for everything you need. Heck, I think I am going to order the MSD plug wires now. If I got that much out of the dist. - changing the wires from stock to MSD should help out as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

what are the specs on your truck and engine there is nothing in your signature?

What year and such would be nice.

Thanks

7. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Tch777,
    It is a '75 K5. Bought it in April with a pretty well trashed 350. It had just been recently rebuilt it looked like- by someone who knew even less then I did. All the cylinders were different sizes- bored .062 and up. One rocker was not even on the push rod, I found freeze plugs that had just been pushed into to the block- and the list goes on.
    Got a different block- bored forty over, replaced everything between the intake and oilpan. Put in an RV cam-don't have the numbers here. Also put new heads on. Has a Wiend (sp?) intake and a Edelbrock Performer 1406 on it. Next weekend the offroad needles go in that. Topped it off with a K&N.
    Flowtech headers are in back waiting to go. This winter a six inch BDS lift is going on with 36 Swamper TSL's or 35 inch Boggers. At the same time a 14 bolt with a spool is going in, and a eight lug Dana 44, both out of a 3/4 truck are going under it. Putting on ORD greaseable bushings and front shackle, as well as a steering brace. Have to start getting all the parts on, my buddy is getting sick of stuff laying around his house. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I have to get a garage!!!

Other spec's- TH350 and 203. Need to find a 205. I have been waiting for three years, saving money and wishing for an off-road truck. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed when it is finally to the point where I can go have some fun. Couple pic's in members rides from the day I got it- search with username odoa3.

8. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

Heck, just bend your the bar on your throttle pedal to get more travel. That's what I did to get full throttle, worked great.