Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Put bucket seats in the rear!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Sep 9, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I haven't had to post on here in ages. I've been so damn busy! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you guys what I did. My cousin wrecked his S-10 Blazer, so I bought the bucket seats from him and dropped them in my truck. I took the bench out and all the carpet to install the seats. They don't sit up real high and that's why they work. Looks pretty sweet! I'm the only one with rear bucket seats in a Blazer here in Wichita. Just thought it was cool. Later!

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

when you gonna post some pics???

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Could you post some pix, I know there are others, my self included on here thinking of doing the same. Buckets for everyone,lol.[​IMG]

<font color=red>It's not what you drive, but what drives you</font color=red>( Or is it what you work on,lol)
    <font color=orange> 1955 willy's on a 1977 blazer chassis </font color=orange>

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Cool. I am thinking about doing the same thing. I got a 73 Nova for free and the interior is good, but the body is shot.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

It's about time somebody else did it [​IMG]. I run buckets in mine also. for several years I ran a single bucket in the center since we had just one kid at the time. When number 2 came I put the other in. All my seats came out of a early 90's Mitsubishi Mini Van. They are delux. Brown Crushed velvet (looks good with the Desert sand paint in and out). The front seats were the middle captains crairs out of the the van. They tilt, swivle, double arm reasts and had 3 ft long seat tracks. I had to cut the tracs down. I left the passenger side long. I can turn that seat sidways and slide it till it touches the dash. It makes getting in and out of the back a breeze. It makes a big enough hole I can load my BIG contico box in through the side when I have the back seats out and go camping.
    The back seats were the front seats in the van. This style van is set up like a Toyota van where you sit on the engine. Just built a short pedistal for them to make a comfortabe seating posistion for the girls.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

This is what I am thinking of doing, install cage, gut interior, rino line or something like that, run no top, just the half cab with two of those fiberglass racing buckets in the back, they are water proof like a park bench, maybe even one up a little farther so I can get the spare monted inside on the drivers side kind of like stock, what do you think?

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

7. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Hey Grim......did you reinforce the holes you drilled in the floor? My friend and I were discussing that tonight. Right now I just drilled the holes and ran the bolts through. I'm probably going to end up reinforcing the metal around the holes. Let me know. Thanks!

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

8. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna put some off a Plymouth Laser in mine as soon as I pull them from the junkyard.

<font color=red>"Maybe you could drive better with that cell phone up your azz?!!!"</font color=red>

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    water proof like a park bench?
    So who gets to ride on the park bench?
    Sounds like a need of a butt pad....hehe

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

10. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Butt pad? Why, I'm in the drivers seat.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

11. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

As far as down no. I do have a 2x2 inch backing plate on the rear bolts. The seat bels are bolted to the frame I built for the seat. I used tha backing plate to make sure if they come into play that they will not rip through the floor. I chanfered the edges so that the backing plate will not act as a Sheer and cut through. If your using the factory seat belt holes I wouldn't worry about that.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper