Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Put D60 in today, need some input.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by marine_enlisted, May 16, 2004.

1. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Got the D60 in today, everything went together perfectly. Installed braided front hoses, and got the brakes bled out good, but the pedal is real low. I still have my stock 1/2 ton master cylinder in there. I am going have to put in a 3/4 or 1 ton master cylinder to get the pedal up, especially when I put the 14 bolt FF in with the rear discs. Is there a difference between 3/4 an 1 ton master cylinders? I've heard that the front and rear lines will need to be switched around when going to 3/4 and 1 ton. Can you just re-bend the lines and make them work? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

When I went to a later-model master (still half-ton) on my '77, I had to switch the lines around. Took two minutes to bend the lines, as there's lots of extra there. Piece of cake.

Assuming you're talking about the same things, switching the connections at the master, it's easy.

-- A

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I had to bend the lines around when I installed my hydroboost. It's easy, just manhandle them a little.

BTW - That's one ugly bastard in your avatar! [​IMG]

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

you need to know what the bore of your master is now and the bore of the master you plan on changing to