Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Put my springs on today...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Oct 21, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I put my Tuff Country 3" lift on today and it is awesome! it rides great, even without the front shocks. It took most of the day and I can really see the difference. I used to have a 2.5" add-a-leaf lift and it sagged bad especially on the passenger side. Now its even, and it looks a lot higher[​IMG] I was really surprised how much of a difference it made. I couldn't get my front shocks on though because I couldn't get them to extend for some reason. I took one off on each side in the front, and will see if it helps the ride. Tuff Country was always very helpful and they have great customer service. My kit came without 2 u bolt nuts and they shipped them to me in less than a day. They also cleared up UPS %^&* up of not delivering my front springs. I would definately reccomend their products.

90K5

2. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

90k5,

How'd you have time to do all that and still answer my questions.

Good luck with the shocks & congrats.

Bob

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I had two other guys helping me most of the time, I put the passenger side front one on by myself though, but it still takes most of the day. Well worth it though.

90K5

4. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

What shocks did you go with? Do you have duals up front? Did you buy rear springs or blocks? Any shuddering when accelerating? What size tires are you running?

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Actually I have some Ranch RSXs I got about a year ago that went with my old lift (2.5" add-a-leaf) but 4WPW screwed up and put on the wrong ones-see other post. They are really good shocks though. I'm running 33x12.5R15 BFG A/Ts and they are great. I dont have any shuddering while accelerating, its just really bumpy right now with no front shocks, but better than my old lift.

90K5