Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Put on my new Flowmaster exhaust!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bondo, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I got my Flowmaster Force II catback system today and decided to put it on after work. Went on with no problems and fit great. I would recommend it to anybody. It sounds wonderful going down the road. I'm pretty excited about it as I've been waiting to get one for quite a while. Just had to share my excitment with you guys.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Sweet, I've heard good things about them. My exhaust is fairly new so it'll be a while before I get some Flowmasters.

[​IMG]

3. 90STYLE

90STYLE Registered Member

did it make any more power???

4. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

Well, my muffler was totally shot and the tailpipe wasn't far behind it, so rather than by cheapie stuff again, I figured I'd try this and I think it's going to work out great. They are supposed to last reall well and I'm getting tired of putting a muffler on it every year. Plus, the nicer sounding exhast doesn't hurt either!! I haven't driven it too much yet, but I think it made a litlle more power. If nothing else, it seems to respond quicker and smoother. It is definitely not anywhere near as restrictive as the stock setup.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by bondo on 04/11/01 09:42 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

just fyi, i put on a pair of three chamber flowmasters on my 78. there was a noticable difference all thruough the power band but mostly 3500+rpm. i think that is due to the 2.5" pipes. i dune blast so i like my power just a little higher up the band than usual.
    but throttle response increased incredibly. i already had duals, so it cost me $100. the money/power was well worth it.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Flowmasters are awesome... I noticed the same thing about the throttle respone...

FLOW MASTERS RULE!!! (and I'm liking my Hooker Headers more and more all the time)

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I put a flowmaster 70 series and a set of edelbrock TES headers. I got a great increase in torque and power. I can really tell the difference when I,m hooked up to my boat. I fly up steep hills that used to bog me down before. Better gas milage too!

8. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I drove it to work this morning and noticed a huge difference. Throttle response is greatly improved. I have a fair amount of steep hills on the way and there is definitely more power especially in the higher rpms but all through the power band. It was definitely worth it to buy this setup. I love it!!

9. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Great to hear Bondo!! [​IMG] I'll be bolting the same system in to mine when I put it back together, sounds like I'll be happy too. I took my old muffler & tailpipe out by hand last night!! It was so rusted, I pulled it apart by hand!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

10. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

Yeah, mine was pretty rusted too, but I got to use the sawzall up by the cat. You'll definitely be happy with this system.

11. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

What year is your blazer? I was told there were no bolt-on exhaust systems for my truck.. that was by Summit. Is this a new system by Flowmaster? Ii was told i would have to go with a custom exhaust system. Does anyone have Edelbrock's stainless mufflers? I am interested in them, or Flowmasters. The catback you used, is it dual or single exhaust with a split after ?

12. slider79blazer

slider79blazer 1/2 ton status

I put the dual exhaust on mine with the flow master mufflers
    and flow master cats on mine.WOW what a difference it
    made. better HP and helped it breath better.I'm very happy
    with their products.

whats a 4 letter word for farm wagon? (ford)

13. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Sarazk5

I have been told the same CRAP by a few places that don't have a clue!!! The part # is 17161 - Flowmaster Force II Catback system for Chevy Blazer. Tell them the part # then tell the they're STUPID!!![​IMG][​IMG]

Brian
    89KBlazer

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Brian 89KBlazer on 04/12/01 11:09 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

14. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

Yep, Brian is right. Ordered it right from Summit using the part number. With handling and everything-$192 right to my door. It is a single 3" exhaust that uses the stock hangers and everything. No fitment problems either. Definitely added some power. My Blazer is a '90 by the way.

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

flowmasters are awesome i love mine

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]

16. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Where does the pipe exit. If in the stock location how close does it hug the quarter? I smashed my stock pipe backing into a log first time I wheeled the truck

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]

17. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

hey bondo.

how long did it take you to install your Flowmaster Force II catback? Was there any difficult parts to the install. I NEED a new exhaust and this sound killer. Was it really a direct bolt-in? later

[​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by bigblue on 04/12/01 12:41 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

18. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

It exits in the stock location and sits probably 2" under the quarter. I'd have to measure it to be sure but it definitely sits higher than my stock pipe did.

19. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

Yeah, for once something actually just bolted on. The hardest part of the whole deal was removing the old headpipe. Once I had the old exhaust off, I had the Force II completely on in about 10 minutes. It really was easy.

20. slider79blazer

slider79blazer 1/2 ton status

a sawzall is a good investment for cutting old exhuast off. or anything else that needs a little face lift LOL!!

whats a 4 letter word for farm wagon? (ford)