Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Put this on that...will it work?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by vtblazer, Jan 25, 2004.

1. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have a complete 1st gen 4x4 blazer frame and running gear... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Can get a pretty nice 1st gen 2 wheel drive step side shortie... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Would the truck body fit the blazer frame?
    Could I make a 4x4 shortie from this combo? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Without major mods?
    Ending up with a sweet 4x4 shortie /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I want it to be a clean swap, no band aids...will it work? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

K5 wheelbase is shorter than a shortbox pickup. I figure you'd have to shorten the box about 10" or so.

I doubt the body mounts are in the same places, and the frame may have a different profile through the mid section.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

4. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great site, thanks
    From what I've found out so far, it's not going to happen /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Anybody want to buy a 4x4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif frame and drive train? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif