Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

puter gurus???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Nov 4, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What does it mean when your little pointer arrow disapears and shows up somewhere else on the screen a second later.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifMy puter is about toasted... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

too much crap on the puter. How long has it been since you've dumped your temp i-net files? I have to delete mine every couple days or my puter acts funky?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Could be your mouse has dirty balls. Get your mouse neutered...go optical /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Could be your mouse has dirty balls.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i did that i love the optical mouses /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifchevy give me a call i build pc's and can make you one hell of a good deal on one /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif im talking cheap i can also help with yours /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

IBM field service technicians were sent the following memo sometime in the 1980's.

You may find it useful:

Abstract: Mouse Balls Available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit)
    Mouse balls are now available as FRU. Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.

To re-order, specify one of the following:

P/N 33F8462 - Domestic Mouse Balls
    P/N 33F8461 - Foreign Mouse Balls

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

optical is badass. i love mine. my old one would jump my mouse arrow to the top of the screen and if i tried to move it it would go crazy and start opening things. it ended up being my mouse. just got the optical with the back and forward button. i love that. its too cool. later.

jacob

8. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

Here at work they call opticals 'girl mice' - no balls... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well for starters whats your computer got for guts? if its a PII or older and you have had it for a while chances are your HD is just filled up and its lagging down your computer..i still keep a PI i have..(100 mhz) going strong lol..my brother uses it mostly..just got a 2.5 gig hd for it and a video card and a 166 mmx cpu for it ohh woopy ill shut up now..