Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

putting 1410 yoke on 1350 shaft?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Oct 3, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ive got a 1350cv ford driveshaft that im going to run in the rear and i want to upgrade to a 1410 u-joint at the 14b. can i just take th shaft to a shop and have them cut off the 1350yoke and have them weld on the 1410 yoke or is it more complex than that? id take it to a shop because i want to make sure its balanced since the truck is street driven.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  2. muddybuddy

im sure someone has tried to put a 1410 yoke on a shaft they already had instead of buying a completely new shaft??

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Not sure if the spline end is a standard size and spline count but I know HAD sells a 1410 upgrade for their shaft that only replaces the female end of the shaft. Can't you cut the 1350 off and just weld on a 1410?

Ira

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

It should be do-able assuming it's a common size tube. It's going to be dictated by the size of the tube and the availability of a yoke for it.

I realize this answer is obvious but you'll really have to call the shaft builder to find out.

5. muddybuddy

hmm, well its a factory f350 stupid duty front driveshaft. ill have to measure and find out.