Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Putting a Lock Right in a 60 easy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 15, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I heard that putting a Lock Right in a 60 is relatively simple and doesn't require having to set up gears.

Anyone ever run one in a 60 front? I know it won't be as strong as a Detroit... but just kind of weighing one as an option.

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

yeppers....gravy...did mine in less than an hour....

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Pics in my webshots

http://community.webshots.com/user/tim84K10

Piece of cake to install.

Ran mine in Real Truck Challenge and sold many of them. Never a complaint. Also have one in my DD with 50,000 miles in a rear application...never even had the cover off since I put it in.

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Yup, I did mine according to the directions it came with and it was easy. I have ahd no problems with it so far.

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'm sure they aren't as strong as a Detroit, but anything can be broken given the proper circumstances anyway.

Would probably be less suited for a Crew Cab on 44's or a longbed truck on 39.5" Boggers... but more ideal for a K5 on 35's.

I'm also debating issues of horsepower and application (straight mud bogs/drags vs trails and windy courses where theres alot of steering). I've heard that having an open diff in mud drags is beneficial for steering control, yet also having all 4 corners locked will ensure a greater chance of pulling through; in the trails and corners area, all the turning will be putting more stress on the Lock Right- but even more damaging stress to U-joints and shafts.

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I ran one in my k5 w/ 10bolt up front and 35s and broke a bunch of axles and lockrite held up just fine