Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

putting a TV in my suburban???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by muddysub, Feb 26, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

when we bought the suburban 9 yrs ago it had a TV in it and my dad got rid of it. the wire is still there but i don't know if it has power i'll check. how would i be able to put another TV in my suburban? it used to be in the center console but when we got rid of it we got a new console, and i like my present console, would i be able to get another console mounted TV? the old one would go inside the console and pop out when you wanted it to.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Check on Ebay, they've got some pretty nifty stuff there. I'm thinkin of one with DVD for my K5.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

3. k5wantabe

k5wantabe Registered Member

I have a 13" tv/vcr combo that I'll be installing in my Jimmy in place of the factory console. I'll be using an inverter to power it and a n64 game unit. All ready checked the fit and no problem there. Taking a 3000 mile camping vacation this summer and want to keep the kids "happy" on the ride. A 9" combo just wasn't big enough with the split screen when using the games. Will take pictures when I get started and keep everyone posted. Also just got a Blaupunkt Casablanca stereo unit off ebay today. That will be going in along with JBL 6.5 coaxial speakers in the front doors.

4. jessegallegos

jessegallegos Registered Member

I JUST GOT MY MONITOR YESTERDAY !!! I orderd the 7" pyle view monitor with wireless headphones.
    I was able to get the monitor at wholesale. If anybody is interested in buying one they are having a sale on a 5" Legacy monitor and 5.6 cyclone audio

The 5" I could sell for $100.00 and the 5.6 for $120.00 plus shipping
    The only draw back is that they only have 2000 of the 5" and 3000 of the 5.6"