Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

putting duallie wheels onto a SRW axle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Mar 8, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

would wheels and stuff stay in place if you put dual wheels onto hubs of a SRW axle and run them ?

2. hardcore71

hardcore71 Registered Member

The bolt pattern is the same so the will bolt up but I doubt you will have enough clearance to actually get the wheel on due to the huge backspacing. Assuming you have a D60 front, you would be much better off trading your SRW's for DRW's. The hub/rotor assemblies are the only dif between the 2. SRW's are somewhat hard to come by so you should have people lining up to trade.

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

what axle are you looking to run a dually rim on?

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

if you have SRW hubs i wouldent trade them... just buy drw hubs if you part with those hubs you will probably wish later that you dident

5. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

I got a bone stock 60? rear in my 71 GMC truck, to get the "duallie" wheels to fit in my pick up bed I had to move the fender wells in 3in. on either side and strech the wheel houses. But other then that they've been on for over 10 years no prob.Clears the springs fine, onlt problem is when I put 3yards of mulch in the bed the old springs tend to sag and the outter wheels tend to "rub" on the upper fender,I have used this truck for a"truck" hauling and pulling what ever I needed lol, I even went to 1-ton rotors on the front from a 71 C-30 all I did was put the rotor on and that was it, they have been on there for 2 years now and no problems.