Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

putting in 52s ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4xrick, Feb 14, 2005.

1. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

I am putting 52 inch stock rear springs in the front of my 75 blazer and wondering where people are putting there front mounts eather in front of the body mount half way inder the body mount to the front side and also how long of rear shackels are you running hole to hole?

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i put mine right under the bodymount, didnt have to move my rear shackle mout and have a good angle, the shackes are 6 inches hole to hole

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

As far as I know, most people are just removing the "L bracket" from behind the body mount and relocating it in front of the body mount... reattach the spring hanger with grade 8 locking hardware and you're set.

shackle length depends on a few things. Seems like 6-7.25" is the norm though. Some people are moving their rear spring mounts also... and how much you do that will change how long them shackles need to be.

j

4. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

so you are running the stock rear shackels? do you have any problems with the springs touching the frame i have heard that if you run the stock rear shackels.

5. jekbrown

with stock stuff they are gonna hit the frame... ya gotta have longer ones. How long depends on the springs, hanger location etc.

j

6. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ya im thinking i am going to run the front mounts with the l bracket on the front of the body mount. and shouls be able to run the rear shackels srtaight and at 7 inc hole to hole.

7. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

anyone else have any opinions?

8. jekbrown

do a search on the subject, its been batted around by the guys that have done it. Im making a leap of faith with 7.25" hole-to-hole shackles for my 52s...

j

9. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

52" front swap. front mounts forward 4" just swap rh mount to left and and same for other side body mount stay in the same spot. first pic is with rear hangers in stock spot. 7.25 shackle, shackle angle sucks! 2nd pics is rear hanger moved about 3" used old front holes for new rear holes. angle is better:D 3rd pic is with adding 2 leaves,pulling the overload.

spring swap2 026.jpg

spring swap2 058.jpg

spring swap2 029.jpg