Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

putting it all together

Discussion in 'Audio' started by AntAZBlaz, Aug 23, 2001.

1. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone
    I’m working on installing my system so far it consists of pioneer 5 ¼ components for the front 6 ½ components for the rear and a pair of MTX 10” subs for the back. I ran 4 awg for my power lines and I ran 10 awg for all of my speakers. I have a four-channel kicker amp for the 5 ¼ and 6 ½ components and a Rockford Fosgate 1000a2 for the subs. My design consists of replacing my stock panels with my custom cases. The cases come out about 2 ½ inches past the stock ones where the 6 ½ are mounted, which is right by the arm rest of the bench, the amps are mounted to the case right behind the driver and passenger doors and because of there height they look flush compared to the original stock panels. Right behind the bench seat on top of the wheel well I’m going to mount my 10” and after the wheel well I’m make the case the same as the 6 ½ section for storage space.
    I’ve already completed to front section for both the driver and passenger section, which consists of the mounting surface for the amp the housing, it has a door for access, for the power distribution block and crossover and the sealed case for the 6 ½. I’ll post pictures as soon as I get them developed.
    Anthony

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by AntAZBlaz on 08/23/01 07:02 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds good.....can't quite picture everything you described yet.....but pictures are worth a few thousand words! [​IMG]

It's always fun to see someone else's ideas and installation strategies.....so bring it on!

-Greg72

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I hope to get the camera out tomarrow and take some picts. it will be a while before i finish the whole project off because i need grounding terminals for my 4awg and i have no way to mount my 5 1/4's in the front. but the panels should be doable
    I have a black truck and i herculined the tailgate and interior plastic pieces and i've already herculined the box's everyone that has seen them so far likes them.
    the only problem i have is that the people in the dorm room don't seen to like the sound of power tools!
    they just don't understand?

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Blazer Fanatics are rarely understood...... don't worry, you're enthusiasm is welcome here!!!!

-Greg72

ps. TOMORROW I PICK UP ALL MY SPEAKERS AND WIRING......!!!! [​IMG]

5. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I got the camera out today and i have the pictures but i have to wait untill next week to get them scaned in and ill post it.