Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Putting my foot down.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 17, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I held a mud race on my property earlier this year. There were no clear cut restrictions on alcohol. Overall, the weekend went well, but there were a few other smaller problems caused by people drinking.

I'm planning on having another one on the 28th. I just want everyone to have a fun, safe time. I myself dont drink, but always let people do what they want. I think I've been too easy-going. Ive been thinking, I better put my foot down, before someone may get hurt. Would I be too "mean" of a host to ban the alcohol all-together?

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Not at all, if it adds to a health liability, and even danger to competitors and spectators by all means remove it. You can always tell competitors and anybody around the competition area or work areas that no alchohol will be tolerated, and any users will be removed from the competition. This should probably clear up any alchohol related problems you may have.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

All our club events are strictly no drugs and no alcohol on the trail or whatever thee vent may be. It's not mean...it is just plain logic and safety.

Rene

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would say that that would be a awesome idea to have it be alcohole free /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

No, Safty is key and if they don't like it, let em stay home! I prefer not to get run over by some drunk when I go out! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yeah drinking is no fun... especially when late at night!

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'd say you should definately ban it in the pits and if any driver is caught drinking you should eject him from your property. If one of them gets hammered and runs someone over guess who's gonna get sued? Yup, it's going to be you. If you don't have a specific spectator area then it would probably be best to just ban it altogether. I enjoy beer as much as the next guy, but I HATE the assholes that drink on the trails. Just because you're going slow doesn't make it any more safe. Pismo is the worst, you gotta be real careful out there because at least half the guys on the dunes at night have been drinking. </font color>

8. ol_grayfeather

ol_grayfeather Registered Member

I'd also say no way if your driving. Also, If its event where there could be kids around then I'd say can it altogether. I know my two 4 year olds love to go to the local 4x4 events with me. Just doesnts set a good example. (Damn I sound old) hehehehe

Dan

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

There was a guy near here that was doing the same thing and some of the local kids ended up with beer lockers during one of his events that I attended ( beer lockers are when you drink enough beer to come to the conclusion that your truck will go more places than it ever did before). Anyway there was an argument about whose truck was better, both raced to the pit, both entered the pit and crash! It was something to see, ruined the whole event, and the guy ended everything and is worried about getting sued cause the kids were under age. I say ban it from the pits completely. Every other event that I have gone to have that rule and I never hear complaint.

10. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I'm an 18 years old, and although legally I'm not old enough to drink I do (who didn't when they were my age) but I refuse to drink and drive in any way. I think that if you have the hospitality to invite people onto your property to go wheeling then you should have the final say in what goes on out there. Drinking and driving is dangerous, no doubt about it, and your going to be the one held liable for any bad outcome that may happen. I'd say post some signs up that say no drinking, and make sure that everyone there knows it too... that way if somebody does happen to get drunk without you knowing it and hurts someone your not responsible for it because you banned drinking.

11. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

If the event is on your property aren't you are liable for any damage or injuries? What is the added benifit of permiting alcohol?

12. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Yeah, liability is a big issue. The last time, I had everyone sign a big waiver, as I will this time. But I think that banning the alcohol all-together will keep everyone alot safer, as everyone had emphasized here. I just don't know exactly how to enforce this new 100% no alcohol rule. I know that there are going to be alot of people who will drink regardless, by sneaking it in.

Whats worse, is last time, I said "Alcohol not recommended" for anyone. Then, my brother, who operated the cat, was sitting there having a couple beers himself /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif and another guy who volunteered to help as security got hammered. Ahhh....what can I do /forums/images/icons/confused.gif