Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

putting new tub on blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 4, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

has anyone ever tryed putting a whole new tub on the back ofthere blazers? i was thinking if i could find one i might try something like that..that would solve not only the bad floor, but the rust on the quarter panals as well! what kind of work is there in doing something like this?

thanx-Bryan

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

tRusty has done it and COLLISION is doing it now. tRusty has an album here on CK5, and COLLISION has one at Webshots. Take a look and try to judge for yourself if your up to the challenge.

BTW tRusty is a fabricator, and COLLISION is a body man.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well he doesnt have any pics or anything in rusty's album of a tub switch ur anything so..

Bryan

4. Pure Insanity

Well it looks like Rene has cleaned out his album. He prob still has the pics somewhere. PM him and see if he has them up somewhere else.

Heres the link to COLLISIONs pics KLIKY

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh thanx..yea i seen this befor..MAN..he thinks he has it bad and he went through al lthat for THAT much rust i cant beileve it he must really not mess with this stuff! haha he should have a look at my blazer! i want to know..what you do about the section wear it goes down a leval..from the rear floor ot the front..that part there were the rear floor bolts to..mine is going there on each side to..i think what im going to do after i get this running and drive it untill i can buy something better..ganna get a pickup..so much easier to fix that way..and i would buy one with little rust anyhow!!and i would be just as happy with a pickup vs a k5. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan

6. Pure Insanity

In all honesty, you should find a whole new body and do a swap or a rig w/ little to no rust. Unless you have a friend thats a body man. Ive done rear clips and its really not much fun.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh i knpow!! i HATE body work!! thats what i plan to do..i mean ill drive this for a while..itll get me wear i need ot go..wheels are wheels..but when i get the cash..(wokring minimum wage job) i plan to get a rust free or close to it rig. either a pickup (shortbox)..or k5..either one id like
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Bryan

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I did a tub swap on my 76 when the body...well.. fell off!!
    I was lucky, I had the use of a very big forklift. the hard part was finding a good tub!! although it is alot of work, time wise, the mechanicals of it were fairly simple. a friend of mine did his using 2 engine hoist's. didn't look like fun!

9. Pure Insanity

Changing out the whole body isnt too bad. PITA but not too bad. Unless I misunderstood, he was talking about back halfing his.