Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Putting on a new door??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jan 5, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

What all do you have to do to put on a new door?? If I end up buying this guy's Blazer, I am going to put on a new passenger door. The old one is wrinkled pretty bad. It doesn't have power windows or doorlocks, so how do I get it off?? Thanks

Alex

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Open the door and you will see it is held on with a couple of brackets. Just undo the three bolts on each one and the door will come right off the brackets. I took my doors off this summer for off roading, and when I put them back on I made quick disconnects for the wiring for my power windows/door locks, they work like a charm. Just remember to properly scribe or paint lines around the brackets before disassembly so that you can realign the door right when you put it back on (or in your case, to get an idea of where the new door should be aligned), because it is a pain in the *ss to get them lined up just right if you don't!!

Good luck!