Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Putting on COK5 Stickers, a comedy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Mar 19, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey guys and gals,

I would like to offer some advice when putting those COOL ColoradoK5.com stickers on your windshield. I test-fitted mine and found the middle of the sticker with a yard stick. I got a tall step ladder so I could install the sticker. Clean the surface real good. I then pulled the backing off the sticker real careful. It was at this time that I looked down and saw my new sticker, "Stuck" to my windshield in a diagonal manner from about my windshield wiper to where I was holding on to it and gawking at the newly cleaned windshield. At this point I just about fell off the step ladder in rage. I managed to unpeel the sticker from my windshield and installed it properly. The one problem, I was driving down the highway this morning in the rain, and I lost about half of the sticker(the half that was pre-stuck to the windshield). Obviously, you want to be very carefull when installing the sticker. I will have to re-order another one and install it correctly and I am quite sure it will last a long time. I would recommend cutting it in half right at this point:

Colorado <font color=red>cut</font color=red> K5.com

and install it in two pieces.

Just don't be an idiot like me and stick it in the wrong place. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    MAKE A STATMENT!!!!

Do it diagonal! Just imagine how many people would REALLY notice it!

Another thing I have always did with long stickers. You undo the middle of the sticker, than peel from the middle out. This way you can align it properly with the top of the window. Just my opnion, and it has always worked for me!

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

Hey Mudzer, hadn't seen the front of your rig before... I'm diggin' that black grill! Did you paint it or buy it?

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

4. <font color=red>Maybe it just takes talent Mudzer !!

Actually it was a pain in the butt. I measured the center of the windshield and marked it below and above where I put the sticker on and then marked the center of the sticker too. Pealed her off and went for the Gusto !! I think it looks good on my Lil'Hoe!!
    [​IMG]

<font color=red>The last time I tried smokin' my tires, the mud put'em out !! BigBurb

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

a trick for all stickers:

put a little bit of dishwash soap in a lot of water. spray mix on surface to be sticker'd. place sticker in desired location, and the fluid will allow you to slide the sticker into exact postion. you can then squeegee out excess water.
    works like a charm!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The color is actually a charcoal gray like all factory '89-'91 grilles. The scanner I use has been making all my pics look real dark. I need to change some settings. Anyone know of a good scan software?

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>

7. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

Well, at least you can imagine how your grill would look black!

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well it looks like I will have to break down and get the stickers. Hop I don't have as much fun as some installing them.
    What....you mean I gotta clean the windshield???? darn....

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

9. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Had good luck putting mine on. Was driving in the rain/snow the last two days and the l and r in Colorado are now missing. Damn the luck. I've had the same problem with the other two windshield stickers on my K5 over the years. Anybody know how to keep this from happening?

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

10. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Use Castrol ... Super Clean to clean the whole windshield...edges included. This stuff removes everything. Remember how the windshield looks when it is raining...kinda smeared...well I sprayed this stuff on it while the wipers were running and it looked like I just rainx'ed the window. For all cleaning this is the stuff...straight or diluted.I even use it on the tires...it takes the brown stuff off and makes it look like it has been armoralled. on the paint job...this stuff will remove every layer of wax ever put on better that any rubbing compound.

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral