Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pvc locks arent round? plus another q.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryan22re, Apr 9, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

got some pvc locks last week, and i finally had time to unpack them. got them off a guy on pirate. they look good except that from the shipping/packing process, they arent exactly round. should be 16" i.d. and are semi egg shaped on all four, they measure about 16.25-16.5 on one side.

got them sitting in the sun right now to see if they soften up enough to put some pressure on to make them round again. any other ideas?

btw, they dont look like regular pvc, are black in color. maybe hpde or something? :dunno: i dunno, not a plumber.

how should i go about putting a chamfer on the inside of the lock so it doesnt cut the tire? or should i worry about it? do the stock hummer locks have a chamfer on them? i was thinking of like setting up a router with a 45 degree cutter, or something on the mill, but am unsure.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

search on pirate, pretty certain you are suppossed to have some type of chamfer just for them to work right. Can't remember for the life of me how it is suppossed to be.... I know I saw it discussed in a hummer rim thread on pirate... yeah as if thats not a needle in a haystack thing to say.

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

it should have a chamfer on it.

i was wondering about what would be the best way to do it. wont fit on the lathe at work...