Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PWR Steering pump?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jmpd, Jun 29, 2000.

1. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Mar 12, 2000
    How do you get the pulley off the steering pump? Do I need a Puller? If so what kind. There is a 7 point bolt behind the pulley and I can't get to it. The motor is a complete 350 TPI from an IROC, with all the serpintine drive system.

Also 2 of the 7 point bolts have sort of stripped, I might be able to use a allen wrench, but will take suggestions.

I'm in the middle of the pulling/rebuild/cleaning phase

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Jun 14, 2000
    I tore the pulley off of my p/s pump a while back. I screwed it up. I found out the hard way that you have to take the back plate off some how first. Then there is just a little c-clip on the inside that holds the pulley shaft in place, pop that off and the pulley comes right out. I didnt know this, I thought it was just pressed in or something. So I took the nut off the front, threaded on a slide hammer, and went to town. The pulley came out all right, after killing the c-clip. So don't try that method, heheh.

Good luck !