Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Python 1500 alarm pre-stage alert problems!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AntAZBlaz, Jan 24, 2003.

1. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I know it’s been a long time but I need some help bad.
    I have what I believe to be a Python 1500 alarm system installed on my 86 Blazer. I am having intermittent problems with the pre-stage alert (the beep beep noise) going off only in front of my dorm room building. Is there any way to turn off the pre-stage sounds and leave the alarm sound still connected?

Equipment list.
    1) Python alarm
    2) Motion detector
    3) Back up battery
    4) Pager unit

Here is the background information the alarm has been installed for about three years now. The shop that originally installed the alarm is one that I will never go to again because.
    1) I asked for them to attach a back up battery to the alarm, they found it convenient to attach to my accelerator. As I was leaving the parking lot I pushed on the gas and as I headed toward the street. I then pressed on the brake the Blazer kept moving good thing I had the sense to stick my foot behind the gas pedal, and lifted up on it to take the tension off or I could have been in an accident.
    2) I asked them to install a motion detector somewhere it would be able to detect movement in the rear cargo area and they placed it inside my consol, which was cool. The bad part was that I had left super glue on my consol from a project that I was working on and never took it out from weeks before I dropped the Blazer off at the alarm shop. Well come to find that the motion detector was glued to part of the consol and it appears that they used my glue and forgot to put the cap back on because the container of super glue leaked and was glued to the consol when I picked it up.
    3) I specifically asked them to hide the brain of the alarm some where inconspicuous and that I wanted it secured to something because I off road the vehicle and I didn’t want it getting tossed around. I even offered to pay the extra money if it was necessary. A week after the install was done I noticed the brain of the alarm hanging down near the steering column attached to nothing.

Since then I have rewired it myself but I do not understand what the wires are for I just soldered on jumpers and rerouted everything the way that I wanted it. Well lately when I park in front of my dorm room intermittently the pre-stage alert will go off continuously for hours on end without actually setting the alarm off.
    When I park the truck in other areas this never happens. The stranger part is that I usually park my truck near the same space and have been doing so for a few years now and this has just recently become a problem.
    Well the cops were called out because my truck was waking up people and I explained to him that there is nothing wrong with the alarm because it only happens in this certain area and only at certain times. He told me that my truck could be towed if the alarm continues to emit it’s pre-stage sound because it is disturbing everybody. Mind you I have a parking decal that is only good for certain areas around my building and I’m try to leave it in the section that is well lit. I left it in the sections where it is not well lit and I had a 2meter radio stolen out of it $$$$ L L L and a friend of mine just had his jeep stolen earlier this week.
    So the best thing I could do is just eliminate the pre-stage alert, if possible. And just let the alarm blast off when it reaches that point to completely set off the alarm. Since the alarm never actually goes off unless it should.

As a side note not to important can you also tell me how to wire the AUX button to roll down the rear window? Not to important but it would be nice to have as an option.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just take the alarm out.

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I would if i didnt want my truck anymore but i'd like to keep for a while.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Outside of an alarm having a kill switch, I don't see much use for one since they don't protect against a burglar from swiping your stereo and whatnot.

5. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

personally i think alarms are useless....just wire in a kill switch that goes to the starter solonoid so it disables the starter and hide the switch under the dash or somewhere around the ashtray or sutin, cheap and effective IMO