Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q & A about yourself

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jmpd, Apr 1, 2000.

1. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I guessing that most of the guys/girls on this site are general car guys. Right?

what I mean is, you like all types of cars/trucks ETC.

Example: I like 65-70 Mustangs, Shelby Cobras, Camaros, Corvettes( especially 63-67), 409 Implalas, and the 94-96 Impalas, 85-87 Grand Nationals, Jeeps(built right), Older 60-early 70's Broncos. Ford Fairlanes 63-64, Street rods. Boats, Bike Harleys or Rice,and a lot of other I will remember after I hit enter.

As long as I can see the personal touch, not the Pep-boys special,( you know the vehicles that look like the person maxxed out their Pep-Boys charge card on bolt-on Sh*t)

I have to add my personal touch to my rides.

Let me Know?

Thanks Michael

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Not me, I like K5's Period!!!!!!!! can't believe not one mention of Blazers or Jimmies or the like..WK

3. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I like cars in general, but in trucks I prefer Toyota/Chevy/GMC straight axle stuff. My LAdcruiser was awesome before I rolled it. And while the Jimmy I now have won't go places that the Cruiser did (width mainly), it is way more practical and I can have a real stereo in it, so it's even in my mind. I like nice Chevelles and GTOs, some model Camaros/Firebirds (the old "SS" ones escepsially) but I probably would never buy one, I like to wheel too much and I already own two trucks and a car (Lumina, which I am selling) which is two too many.

My friend has a '66 Bronco that is pretty sweet, and Cobras rock, but in my mind everything else Ford has ever made is either ugly, a piece of [censored], or both. I am sure there is a guy on a full-size Bronco list saying the same thing about GM products...he's wrong, of course.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I can see potential in just about any vehical out there if you have the right money and knowledge to do the customizing. I've had many cars in my life and some I loved and some were just a car/truck. I love my k-5 and have spent to much money fixing it up the way I want it, and I think that that is the way with most of us that keep coming back to Steve's site. I miss my '34 and '49 Fords ( both had chevy power plant), '59 Studabacker (that was fun),
    '95 Vett was fun, Porsche 944, '37 Harley, and so on.... I started buying cars/trucks at the age of 14 and have loved it ever sence. Great past time. I would love to have someof the old one back again('49 Ford P/U, 454,TH400, dual exhaust and meats in the rear) and some that I missed out on for one resion or another('59 Austin Healy 3000, '57 Vett, '68 Firebird Conv., '35 Ford Coupe, exc.)... But got to love them cars.

You can tell how loves their trucks: I told my ex that I loved her as much as my truck, She laught so I told her to get the F*CK OUT! Now you know why she's my Ex....

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

I have a list of my favorite vehicles on my site plus pics of a lot of the vehicles I have owned. I find it interesting seeing what other vehicles people like. We should have a poll as to what other vehicles us K5ers drive.I have 2 K5's,76 Camaro(wife's),and a 99 Dodge van. Check out my webpage to see what I have had at http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/RallyRd/blazerbob83/index.html

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I guess I should have said I love BLAZERS, but since I keep coming back to this site that should be proof.

I forgot 67-73 firebirds, 60's GTO's. 55-57'shoebox, Chevelles 64-65 Convo,

I mentioned mustangs earlier,but forgot to mention mine.
    65 Convo "K" GT....Hipo289, 4speed 9inch. It is supposedto be one of only 200-250 made. Mine sits in the garge and does not have 2 peices bolted together. Igot it after my uncle died and there it sits.

I tell my wife its a "aroundtoit" when I have the money I will get" around to it"

Michael

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Just about anything from mid 50's to about 80 is cool esspecially muscle, Goats, challengers cudas camaros mustangs cougars chargers, trucks, gotta be chevy/gmc and maybe a few fords. I said a few. also cool bikes dirt and harleys, 4 wheelers, lawnmowers. Hell if its got wheels I say we soup it up.

8. Grey Thunder

Grey Thunder Registered Member

Home: Ojai, Ca......School:Santa Cruz, Ca
    im with 70jimmy... "if its got wheels soup it up"

dj

9. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

73-75 Blazer are The One, The True, The Only Truck.

That in mind, I drive a '93 Nissan 300ZX, one of the last truly great Japanese sportscars. 'Sfunny, actually; I pay somebody to do all the work on that one, I don't even know where the farging oil filter is. I do all the stuff on my '74 K5, but I won't touch the Z.

Also the 76-77 Blazer Chalet, that one's turning into an obsession. "My daddy was a Chevy and my mommy was a Volkswagen Westfalia."

Burbs are cool. Bit big, but cool. They're like Blazers, only they're bigger and they don't leak (toldja I was into 73-75).

73-87/91 Chevies are all nice, though the 73-80 is my visual preference. I'd like someday to end up with an 87+ Burb (fuel injection don'tchaknow) and retro the front clip and quarters and marker lights back to like a '77 Cheyenne, and then repaint it and put on the side chrome trim correct for that '77.

Be fun to [censored] with people. "What year you think this is?" ;-)

Wife's got a '65 VW Notchback (Type 3) we're slowly redoing.

*Love* to have a '57 Chevy BelAir (gotta have the Bowtie habit going).

Wouldn't mind having a mid-70's crewcab 1-ton, just for moving lumber and [censored] around, a big beater truck.

Did I mention that 73-75 Blazers rock? ;-)

-- A

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I would also like to add the fact that I have had some cool transpertation without wheels to 78 Tri haul, 85 Sea Ray, Jet skies and other water toys that are way cool. Ya need them in AZ. in the summer!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

11. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

well, besides the Jimmy, my other vehicle is a 92 Lumina Euro 4 door... family scooter! However it is soon to be turned into a Dakota quadcab I think... I love those trucks and a 4x4 Dakota with a nice little snotty 318 in it has got to move!

BTW, I wish I never got rid of my 87 Grand National, but the 3 kids kinda changed priorities!

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

12. cocky

cocky Registered Member

I like most all cars and trucks but my favorites are first generation(69-72) blazers and first generation(67-69) camaros

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

13. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I read the other day here at CK5 about somebody's fathers wise words: "Loud pipes saves lifes" And on that same note; big trucks also gets you noticed in traffic. And I like the fact that only a few people can handle my bike, or my Blazer. They just cant get used to the smooth handeling and that luxeriuos power steering I guess.....

Sorry about the size on this picture. dont know how to downsize them yet..
    [​IMG]

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

14. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Guns, Guns, and More Guns! Most everyone here knows I LOVE Supras, but I love Guns and reloading even more. Anyone out there have a Kimber 1911? Oh-My-God, what a beautiful piece of work.
    I have a factory modded Kimber Custom Royal, My Dad and I had them made to match. SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

15. Yes I like other Chevy/GM products, I own an 88 Burb and a 96 2 dr. Tahoe. Did you fall and bump your head on the way to the computer? F#@D what is that?
    Flip
    Over
    Read
    Directions

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

16. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Thumper - what were you thinking? Was it a GNX?

Anyhow, I love my K5 but also I like all the 60's muscle cars, and all the euro exotics too.

Here's my wish-I-had-cause-I-really-like list:
    First generation Viper, no GT just the plain old ones.
    Porsche 928S (can you say "Risky Business"?
    Porsche Targa with the frankinstein treatment (i.e. slant nose)
    Ferrari anything
    Lamborghini Countach and Diablo, well anything Lamborghini...
    Harley Fatboy (on the will-own-one list!)
    No rice burners, but...a Hayabusa would be nice!
    Titan anything
    Buell Lightning
    and the list goes on...wish I were Jay Leno sometimes!

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

17. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

BigBurb

Nice comment,,,,,,haha

Like I said before I'm a Blazer/car/bike/boat/atv and so on guy
    Thanks for the resplies
    Michael

18. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

With all of these posts on muscle cars, and cars in general, I must make a tiny observation. No one mentioned having a Nova, liking Novas or hotroding Novas, with all the posts on Chevelles, Camaros, Grand Nationals, 409 Impalas and the like, I would surely think someone would mention a Nova. My true love is a Nova, I have loved and wanted a Nova since the age of 10 (1/2 of my life!). I have owned 3 Novas a 66 (my 1st car, got totaled over a year ago), a 64 SS (this was a 283 4 speed car that I bought and imediately resold), and now my 64 (sedan). My little 64 has a 383 stroker with aluminum heads etc... 4" glass hood Weld wheels and the whole 9 yards. And ofcourse I have my 88 Jimmy which is pretty STOCK (just had the windows tinted, Flowmaster installed, and put on some 32" TSL SX's) and is my daily driver.

19. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Nova are very nice

I forgot to mention Yenko Camaros and Novas 427's great motors..I can't afford over 50K

Michael

20. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I've had a few lifted trucks ... A 79 chevy with 4" suspension/ 3" body and 38" tires..... A 74 chevy with 12" suspension/ 3" body and 40" tires.... now I've got an 82 K5 with 4" suspension and posibly a 2" body soon, it currently has 33" tires but hopefully soon will have 35's or 36's....My other vehicle is a 1965 Impala SS which has been my favorite car since before I knew what it was..... I had a picture of one on my drawing desk when I was around 8 yrs. old and didn't know what it was but I knew I liked the looks of it... now I've got one. My taste has been Chevrolet my whole life and don't have any plans on changing.