Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q about 78 or so k5 thats been for sale for a while

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Feb 18, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

theres been a 78 or so K5 for sale outside of town on a farm since last year summer time or so and originally he put 1500 on it in which theres no way in hades its worth that much, the body is junk rusted out bad trash and probably doesnt run or hasnt been run for long time, he has it down to 600 right now, and next to it is a better shape 82 or so 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup i think its at 1500 or 1200,

any reason why a rusted junk stock k5 would even be worth 600 ? are rare, havent seen one for months and months and months, but still....

only thing going for it really is that the tires are flat and windshield appears to be good and top appears to be not broken and it should have dana 44, possible good tranny or engine or both maybe

just wanting to see what anyone thinks or has to say

thanks

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Without pictures it's hard to make a call on that one. No, there isn't any historic/rare part on a '78 that would make it worth that much in the condition you describe. Some people have a problem with assigning a dollar figure to sentimental value. That doesn't fly. It's worth what it's worth - doesn't matter if he's had it since he turned 16, got it as a present from his parents, and lost his virginity in it. That doesn't mean jack in the automotive selling/buying world.
    Now, on the other hand - think of the parting out value. Both axles, engine, tranny, t-case, hard top, (interior?) etc...those parts could add up to over $600. And, he's already dropped the price - so what he was probably doing was asking WAY more than expected hoping some dummy would bite, and now he's lowering it to a reasonable cost.
    If I were you, wait til he drops the price of the 3/4 ton a couple hundred bucks, and snatch that up for a GOOD price (depending on condition, of course)

3. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Offer him $1000 for both 'em. I bet he bites on it. If the '78 has a four speed w/ a 205 transfer case, a D44, 12Bolt with 3.73s, and a 350 or 400V8 you might have something. Just got to take a look at them.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

good info, i appreciate it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yeah this is one of those cases of major overpricing, definitely.

i didnt know four speed was still available in blazers after mid 70;s, i thought that option was gone by mid 70;s, guess made this assumption since ive never seen any with 4 speed.

thats neat, hmmm...

the 3/4 ton pickup is in alot better shape physically, yeah, only got the normal typical rust through in rockers and rear arches and so forth, but i think its only got a 9.5" rear, i dont recall floating external hubs on the rear.
    i wouldnt want the blazer less it was for 300 or less, unless it runs and drives, i remember soem rear stuff missing like interior stuff and no carpeting anywhere inside and rear window down or missing, the 3/4 ton is one of those commonly seen two tone light sand tan and brown sugar colored brown paint combo schemes of the early 80's.

if one was a four speed then it would be more interesting

thanks

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

About a month ago I sold a 76 w/ a built solid lifter 400 and a rebuilt TH350, 2" lift, 32 BFG's, fairly rust free, interior was a 5 out of 10. I started out asking 1250 and ended up selling it for 800 bucks...and it took me a month to get that out of it. Not sure about the truck market there, but just something to use for a comparison.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    About a month ago I sold a 76 w/ a built solid lifter 400 and a rebuilt TH350, 2" lift, 32 BFG's, fairly rust free, interior was a 5 out of 10. I started out asking 1250 and ended up selling it for 800 bucks...and it took me a month to get that out of it. Not sure about the truck market there, but just something to use for a comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

800 ? damn! id say engine is worth that, really,.

wild,..,

thanks

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Yeah, thats what I thought too... turned out I was wrong...