Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q: about a lift???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Supreme70, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

Could I run an ord 4 inch shackle flip with a 2 inch suspension lift spring on the rear and have the bushwacker cut out fenderflares which says it gives you an extra inch on the front and rear of the wheelwell, So could I run 37's with this combo. Im in the process of making brackets that will lower the mounting point for the front springs, so i will also have a 4 inch drop location with a 2 suspension on the front.

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

I have a 4" lift with 37's. The rear doesn't need to be trimmed at all, I'm sure i have taken well over an inch out of the front. With 6" you will probably have to trim less.

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

dont wast your money on bushwackers if you plan to wheel. mud isint bad on them but everything else is. i was considering them and soon realized after i saw them in person how cheap they are. if you are careful you can do a nice tim job and not worry about the 400 bux for the wackers.

everything else sounds good tho. make sure you get brakelines and watc your driveshafts, b/c with 6inches they might need some modifications.

will you be running 1/2 ton drivetrain with the 37s? what kinda tires u guna get.

when u are done you better post up some pics :D

4. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

I am going to run a 14ff in the rear and a dana 44 in front with 4.88's , I already blew apart the 10 bolt rear, dam near lost both axles, I was just slowing down from 55 to 35 when the rear end locked up and it snapped the universal. just glad it didnt go into a skid. The 33's must have been enough weight to break loose what ever locked up. I have a feeliing its a spider gear. I plan on getting the irok's, 37x14x16Lt with the procomp 1069 rims, and yes there will be picks as I go along,:D :D lol

5. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status