Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q about shackle flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by big94gmc, Jan 3, 2005.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Quick Q: I purchased a shackle flip from ORD for an '86 1/2 ton frame, but have since scraped the frame (wasn't worthy of being built on). Right now the idea is to build up my '94 Sierra. Will the same shackle flip that would bolt onto the '86 frame work on a '94 frame? Just curious....:confused:

I see on ORD's site that there is a different part number for the '90's models, so I'm wondering what course of action to take.

2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Anyone?? Anyone?

3. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

well, the IFS shackle flip doesn't have the bottom angle bracket on it and it is usually easier to install the IFS shackle flip to the older trucks. if you're thinking of doing it right. go to the buying and selling and list that you have a ORD shackle flip you'd like to trade for the newer truck style.

about a year ago i'd of had one to trade you, cause we needed the older style and had the newer. oh, and check on ebay too. alot of times the ORD listings go missed and they're cheap flip kits then. thats how we got the new style ones. then turn around and sell yours.

hope that helps
    Dillon Carson

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Good ideas.... Thanks for the info.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The offset from the frame is wrong in addition to about every other important detail, so you really are better off selling or swapping.