Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

q for those with 56" fronts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by originalspanksta, Sep 11, 2005.

1. originalspanksta

originalspanksta 1/2 ton status

What is the concensus on what leaves to pull? I have a set to put in my SAS to replace the 52's i have there now (need more firewall clearance.)

stock 3/4ton leaf packs with 8 leaves(i think) and an overload.

I had planned on yanking the overload off and a couple of others, but if you guys who have had 56's on for a while could give opinions as to which ones, i'd like to avoid the trial and error phase of continually piulling the packs apart.

TIA...

Matt

2. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I went down to 5 then added two to get 7. My springs must be shot though. I have about 4" of lift and like 2" of that is spring. So, I have like 2" of uptravel on a "light" day.

I'd probably start with 7 and just remove leaves as you go. It's not that bad to do. All you've got to do is half-assed tighten up the U-bolts and stick the bolts through the spring eyes and call it good. If you happen to have a buddy you can just lift the rig up using a Hi-Lift and pull a leaf out without taking the eye bolts out.