Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q For WinALDL Users

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, Jan 21, 2005.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Just curious, what does the software do if you try to use it on a vehicle not covered? Does it give bad data or none at all?

I looked through the site and didn't immediately see my truck listed but I don't have my comp part number and haven't checked the engine digit of my VIN. The description also says the software may cover more applications than those listed.

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Never tried it, but it wouldn't hurt to hook it up and see what things look like.

I would say if the rpm, cts, map etc stuff looks right, the rest will be right.

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I have a 1991 5.7 and I don't think it was listed explicitely on his website. But it works fine -- I can't remember which winALDL selection I'm using. There are a few sensors listed on the program that I don't have but it shows useful data for all the sensors I do have.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Did you build or buy your cable?

Are you using the version from this site - http://winaldl.joby.se/

5. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I am using that version.

I built my cable. I ran a cable from the OBD connector in the truck under the carpet and but a 5 pin DIN connector in the plastic around the 4 wheel drive selector. Then I made a cable with the serial connector and a DIN connector. It is pretty slick, I don't have to fuss around with a cable in my way all the time. I'll see if I can find my pictures. (btw the Crew cab sold for close to $4,700 with the 10% surcharge and taxes -- I passed http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=504641)