Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q-Jet Gurus need some info?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I just got a new(remanufactured) Q-Jet last week that came with out the choke. I have a Edelbrock performer intake that is set up for a divorced style choke. Can an electric choke be put on my new carb? The carb is ment for a 73 350. Also any good places to find an electric choke?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am guessing.....No. I don't think the main body of the carb has the mounts/standoffs for the electric type. I have the stove type on my 72. Not sure wich year GM went to electric.
    I know....no help right!!
    Good luck

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

most likely a 73 350 has a choke setup that uses a choke thermostat that is mounted on the intake and has linkage ran up to the carb. The housings on Q-jets changed several time thoughout there life span, i also dont think you will be able to bolt an electric to an older style Q-jet.

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

You can't use the factory style electric choke actuator on your divorced choke Q-Jet, but you can buy an aftemarket conversion kit to go electric.

Quadrajet.com