Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q-Jet low idle question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

When I put my 84 in D, the idle drops too much. I increased curb idle speed and it doesn't bump up the idle while in gear at all. It's an electric choke non-ESC carb.

Where on the carb do you adjust the idle speed for when the truck is in gear? Or is this issue related to something else?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

adjust the idle with it in gear, ie; have someone hold it in gear while you adjust the idle to what it should be..

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the problem is that if you adjust it in gear and end up with too high idle speed out of gear then you will have dieseling problem when you try to shut off the engine,
    the idle speed(hot) screw is on driver side of carb down low and sets idle speed in and out of gear after the choke is completely open,

the fast idle speed(cold) screw is on pass side of carb down low

if it is dying on you in gear then you have vacuum or timing issue to figure out

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    if it is dying on you in gear then you have vacuum or timing issue to figure out

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought.......... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif