Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q-Jet Off-Road Rebuild Company?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stoopalini, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

I remember reading a while back that you could send your Q-Jet off and have it rebuilt making it optimal for off-roading.

Does anyone know the company that does this? I now have a Q-Jet (Thanks Rocko!) and was looking to get this done.

Thanks,

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I have used these guys in the past to rebuild truck and corvette q-jets (My Jimmy with all her projects!

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I use a guy who can work some serious magic with a q-jet. The name is AA carburator, (360) 737-0949. He rebuilt mine and made it pretty much bullet proof for $175. I've got another one he built on my chevelle. The guys at the drag strip can't believe that I'm killing them with a torquer 2 and q-jet intake.

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

All about da flow and staging. Well Edelbrock now builds an off raod carb. is costs nearly as much as putting a used tpi unit on.

<font color=purple>79' K-5 396cid 600hp, TH350, NP203</font color=purple>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com>http://blueknight.alloffroad.com</a>

5. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Hey, thanks guys! This definitely gives me a few choices to get it rebuilt from. Is there anything special I should request to have done to it? Or will these places know what to do to it based on the trucks application?

This truck is built strictly for 4-wheeling, although I will be using it for road trips to the beach, mountains, etc ....

Thanks again, I appreciate the leads [​IMG]

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Just tell them what you use the truck for and let them set you up. They're the experts. If they're any good, they'll ask you a bunch of questions before they even touch it. If they don't, I wouldn't let the do it.