Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Q-Jet on an Edelbrock intake

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aksidentproan, Sep 25, 2002.

1. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I'm going to start my truck tonight and I'm going to use the stock Q-Jet on top of the edelbrock performer intake manifold. Will it bolt right on or do I need an adapter? Any Idea where I can get this adapter if I need one? Any other suggestions(problems you've run into) on starting a motor up for the first time? Thanks.

Evan

2. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Yes, you will need an adapter because the edelbrock performer carbs are squarebore (primaries/secondaries are basically the same size) and the q-jet is a spreadbore carb (big ol secondaries). I'm pretty sure most auto parts stores that sell edelbrock stuff have the adapter plates. Just looked in Jegs and they have one from Moroso for $54, but I thought I've seen other brands for much less.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

It depends on the Performer intake!! I have a performer intake and my Q-jet bolts right to it no adapter needed!

4. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

I'm the same as Burt. I have the rochester qjet with the edelbrock performer intake and it bolts right on. No adapter needed. The only problem you may run into is running the 14" air cleaner on the carb with an HEI distributor. My air cleaner buts right up to the HEI cables and I could squeeze it in there but I recommend getting the 2" spacer for the air cleaner.

ak7

5. mdstmpr

mdstmpr Registered Member

I had to get a carb adaptor from auto zone, i think it was like twenty dollars, then had to get 2- 4" bolts for the front of the carb.spent twice the time running around then installing. if you have four holes on the top of your intake you should be good to go.

6. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Oops, forgot about the fact that Edelbrock made spreadbore style intakes...Just assumed you had the squarebore style since you were switching over to the q-jet.

7. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Mine bolted right up without a problem. Then the engine fired right up. What a sweet sound of a built 350. I guess I'm back to getting niose violation tickets again. Thanks Guys.

Evan